- FHIR is the new integration standard in healthcare and WBM Health is building it in as the core of our technology
The bridge between vision and mission for WBM Health is FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) , the emerging next generation standards framework.
FHIR will be the catalyst powering the digital transformation of healthcare in the years ahead, promoting integration and interoperability of diverse systems and institutions, facilitating realtime Medical-Internet-of-Things data connectivity and realizing the promise of enabling patients to manage their own health.
- WBM Health has a history with similar software in different industries that it can leverage as it moves into healthcare
WBM Health will leverage its heritage as a pioneer in EDI development, integration and consulting for retail, shipping and logistics industries to apply this expertise to healthcare.
- WBM Health has identified a market opportunity to introduce an innovative healthcare IT platform that integrates Big Data, AI and Blockchain technologies enabling solutions that address today’s most pressing demands.
The mission for our new company is based on the recognition that the healthcare IT market lacks a platform solution with the integrated technical elements required to meet today’s unique challenges. First, this platform, based in the cloud, should be equipped with Big Data capability to respond to the reality of data in healthcare – now measured in exabytes (billions of gigabytes) and (by 2020) increasing 50% per year.
Next, advanced analytics and AI are a necessity for solution builders in the current era and these technologies depend for their power and efficiency on large, curated datasets, so these tools must be well integrated with Big Data datastores.
Security is an essential piece of any healthcare platform and, increasingly, Blockchain technology is the choice of solution providers for its distributed architecture, resilience, and durability.
Finally, the new platform should span the existing world of legacy applications and systems while providing a bridge to the emerging health universe built on the promise of interoperability and seamless data exchange. With this in mind, our architecture incorporates the HL7 FHIR standard as core.
- WBM Health is launching FHIRx, the first FHIR-centric Software-as-a-Service platform featuring an integrated set of next-generation technologies including Big Data, AI and Blockchain.
FHIRx will power our company’s consulting, development and integration operations. FHIRx’s plug-and-play, modular architecture will facilitate development of modern web and mobile healthcare applications while speeding time-to-market.
- The WBM Health mission to to make FHIRx an industry-leading platform for developing next-generation healthcare solutions in multiple categories from consumer-facing apps to AI, EMR/EHR, medical IoT and telemedicine.
In fulfilling our mission, WBM Health is dedicated to promoting the Triple Aim of lowering costs, improving outcomes and enhancing patient satisfaction.